Clematis

clematis-pic-1

Clematis was first settled in the 1860s at the southern eastern end of the Emerald goldfields, where in fact the street from the goldfields to Emerald satisfied the street from Dandenong and Melbourne. The region of the township was subdivided in 1902 as Paradise Valley (the name which is retained in the town’s Paradise Valley Hotel). The Clematis railway train station (located back of and well below the hotel) was exposed at exactly the same time and given the name of Paradise Valley, shortened to Paradise in 1908, and lastly evolved in 1921 to Clematis then.

clematis-landscape-picture


View Larger Map